Founded by Flagship Pioneering, Cellarity is the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors. The company’s broad platform harnesses single-cell technologies and machine learning to digitize and quantify cellular behaviors, unravel the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generate medicines that can direct them. Cellarity is using its platform to design medicines targeting the full cellular and molecular complexity of the disease, enabling a quantum leap in the success rate and speed of drug discovery, design, and development. For additional information, visit www.Cellarity.com.
Are you a highly motivated and organized computational scientist who is enthusiastic about developing, learning, and applying your computational skills to developing small molecules that impact complex biological systems?
You’ll get the opportunity to work in an innovative computational team, driven to deliver high impact results in designing new molecules against an entirely new class of druggable targets, the cell behavior. You will be in an early group of pioneers developing new approaches to drug design that unveils the causes of emergent disease based on a complete understanding of cell behavior. Most of all, you will be able to witness your ML contributions translate via wet lab validations and clinical progress.
You will begin your career at Cellarity working closely with Umut Eser – Head of Machine Learning Research (http://bit.ly/2W2YGkr) and Ramakanth Sarabu (http://bit.ly/2TDaEj8 ) as well as a slew of other world-class machine learning and engineers (https://cellarity.com/the-team), biologists (co-developing hypotheses), and technologists (co-developing proprietary data assets).
If you think you can contribute to any of these aspects/capabilities that we are building, and are keen on testing your hypotheses and learning from some of the best scientists, whilst getting to work with proprietary and relevant data sets, then we are looking for you.
Under a drug design setting:
- Perform, interpret, and visualize the statistical analysis of large chemical and biological datasets
- Create visual representations of biochemical entities and interactions in the context of drug design
- Develop models and simulations of biochemical entities and processes
- Characterize new compounds and processes, develop intellectual property
- Collaborate with biologists & chemists to help the design of experiments
- Ph.D. or Master's degree in chemistry, chemical biology, physics, computer science, or related field.
- Demonstrated drug development experience in either virtual docking of small molecules, pharmacophore modeling, and/or QSAR analysis for prioritization
- Scientific understanding of molecular and systems biology, diverse molecular data types, and analysis tools.
- Practical programming and scripting skills, ideally in Python.
- Fast learner, analytical thinker, creative, "hands-on", strong communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- We would like to see your GitHub repository or papers that can showcase this. If you are from biotech/pharma, we would ask you to share (where you can), your experiences with a focus on your role and what you specifically contributed to in a program.
- Experience with emergent behavior in complex systems, time series analysis, machine learning/deep learning
- Ability to Google error messages and seek resolution from self-investigation and/or get advice from the rest of the crew
- Interested in learning any of the above