Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing to cure disease. Our genome is a mosaic comprising genes that protect us from, predispose us to, and cause disease. Gene Editing biotechnologies heralded the era of genome-modifying medicines, but they cannot address most diseases. Gene Writing is a new biotechnology that writes therapeutic messages into the genome to cure thousands of diseases at their source.
Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Tessera Therapeutics is seeking an Associate Scientist in RNA production process & analytical development. You will support the production and process development for in vitro transcription, modification, and purification of RNAs to support Tessera's pre-clinical programs. We seek researchers that are proactive, enthusiastic, and show a passion for improving processes. The successful candidate should have experience working in a dynamic team-oriented research environment by displaying strong communication and collaboration skills. Attention to detail and superb documentation/notebooking skills are highly desirable.
- Synthesize, purify, and characterize RNA products
- Execute and troubleshoot standard protocols, develop and adapt new protocols, and query literature to incorporate additional assays as needed
- Perform data analysis
- Maintain thorough electronic lab notebooks and documentation records
- Deliver reproducible results under ambitious timelines
- Adhere to all laboratory safety requirements and procedures
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- B.S/M.S. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or related discipline with 3+ years of laboratory experience
- Previous hands-on experience synthesizing, purifying, and/or handling RNA in vitro.
- Experience using analytical technologies including HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, qPCR, ELISA, or a desire to learn
- Experience optimizing enzymatic and chemical reactions
- Experience with automation equipment and adapting/optimizing protocols to automation
- Experience with Design of Experiment (DOE) studies
RECRUITING & STAFFING AGENCIES: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.