Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Generate is seeking to expand the Research & Development team by recruiting a talented Scientist to play a leading role in driving our early discovery and emerging biology programs. This position would be responsible for assay development and execution, design of experimental approaches to assess function and activity of novel therapeutics. The ideal applicant should have a strong background in assay development including (but not limited to) ELISAs, immune cell activation/phenotyping, cytokine signaling, and GPCR signaling. We are seeking individuals with high academic excellence and self-started mentality: confident, passionate, persuasive. The ideal applicant has demonstrated entrepreneurial behaviors and ability to solve complex scientific problems.
- Develop a portfolio of assays to assess both basic properties and specific functions of novel therapeutics including cytokines and antibodies.
- Drive creativity in experimental design and troubleshooting in order to rapidly onboard new capabilities and prototype new ideas.
- Interpret, visualize and present data, provide general assay development and drug discovery expertise in lab meetings.
- Work in close collaboration with leadership to develop the scientific strategy and drive innovation of the R&D team and identify new opportunities for machine learning in the early discovery area.
- Identify and lead external research relationships with academic and commercial partners, including in vivo studies with external CROs.
- Collaborate with other wet lab scientists and associates as well as the machine learning group.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on therapeutic landscape and identify differentiating opportunities for machine generation.
- Ph.D. or M.S./B.S. in Biochemistry, pharmacology, immunology or related areas with 5+ years lab experience.
- Expertise in cell culture techniques including maintaining primary/immortalized cells and transient transfection.
- Proficient in assay development techniques preferably cell-based functional assays (reporter gene, receptor internalization, HTRF, etc).
- Experience with 384w assay formats and high throughput screening platforms is a plus.
- Preferred experiences include flow cytometry and/or cell sorting; and molecular biology techniques including PCR, cloning, and microbial cell culture.
- Familiarity with computational and/or biochemical protein engineering techniques is a plus
- Ability to parallel process multiple projects and modalities and support the growing portfolio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate clearly to others not familiar with the field to allow for collaboration
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate with peers
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.