Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Generate is seeking to expand the Research & Development team by recruiting a talented research associate to play a critical role in driving our early discovery and emerging biology programs. This position would be responsible for assay development and execution, design of experimental approaches to assess function and activity of novel therapeutics. The ideal applicant should have previous experience in assay development including (but not limited to) ELISAs, immune cell activation/phenotyping, cytokine signaling, and GPCR signaling. We are seeking highly motivated individuals with self-started mentality: confident, passionate, persuasive. The ideal applicant has demonstrated entrepreneurial behaviors and ability to solve complex scientific problems.
- Develop a portfolio of assays to assess both binding and function of novel therapeutics including cytokines and antibodies, preferably in 384w HTS format.
- Participate in the development of new methods and assay technologies.
- Analyze, interpret, and present data summaries in internal and external R&D meetings.
- Collaborate with other wet lab scientists and associates as well as the machine learning group.
- Work independently in a collaborative, scientifically stimulating, fast-pace, and dynamic environment.
- B.S./M.S. in biochemistry, immunology or related areas with 1-2 years of lab experience.
- Expertise in cell culture techniques including maintaining primary/immortalized cells and transient transfection.
- Proficient in assay development techniques preferably cell-based functional assays (reporter gene, receptor internalization, HTRF, etc).
- Experience with 384w assay formats and high throughput screening platforms preferred.
- Preferred experiences include flow cytometry and/or cell sorting; and molecular biology techniques including PCR, cloning, and microbial cell culture.
- Ability to parallel process multiple projects and modalities and support the growing portfolio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate clearly to others not familiar with the field to allow for collaboration
- The candidate must be well-organized, goal focused and detailed-oriented
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate with peers
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.