Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing to cure disease. Our genome is a mosaic comprising genes that protect us from, predispose us to, and cause disease. Gene Editing biotechnologies heralded the era of genome-modifying medicines, but they cannot address most diseases. Gene Writing is a new biotechnology that writes therapeutic messages into the genome to cure thousands of diseases at their source.
Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Tessera Therapeutics is seeking a Research Associate. The role will support the development of novel gene editing technologies to advance programs for proof-of-concept studies. This individual will join a collaborative team and with high growth potential.
The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to:
- Perform molecular biology assays, including PCR, gel electrophoresis, PCR purification and DNA quantification
- Mammalian cell culture, transfection and genomic DNA preparation
- Fluorescence flow cytometry
- Make detailed observations, analyze, and interpret data
- BS/MS in biological science
- Molecular biology skills, including primer design and PCR optimization
- Familiar with DNA analysis software like Geneious and Primer 3
- Experience with cell culture and transfection
- Attention to detail, critical analysis of data and good troubleshooting ability are required
- Quick learner and team player
Preferred Qualifications but NOT required:
- Experience preparing next generation sequencing libraries
- 2+ years of academic or industrial research experience
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.