Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing to cure disease. Our genome is a mosaic comprising genes that protect us from, predispose us to, and cause disease. Gene Editing biotechnologies heralded the era of genome-modifying medicines, but they cannot address most diseases. Gene Writing is a new biotechnology that writes therapeutic messages into the genome to cure thousands of diseases at their source.
Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Tessera Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated scientist to help advance the company’s gene editing platform for therapeutic applications. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that combines significant biologic drug discovery experience with pioneering discoveries driving a novel biological platform.
The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to:
- Design, modify, and evaluate gene editing constructs in mammalian cells
- Establish and perform molecular assays especially next generation sequencing (NGS)-derived assays for gene editing profiling
- Manage and train a junior research associate
- Work independently and in collaboration with multidisciplinary project
- Make detailed observations, analyze, and interpret results
- Maintain clear lab records, protocols, and documentation
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, synthetic biology, or related field
- Well-developed experimental skills in molecular cloning, NGS library preparation, and assay development
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and transfection
- Demonstrated troubleshooting capability, attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Preferred Qualifications but NOT required:
- Experience with NGS assays to detect stable genome integrations (e.g. lentiviral or AAV)
- 1-3 years post graduate research experience
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.