Omega Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a Principal Scientist to join our discovery team to develop and advance our transcription modulation programs, from early development to proof-of-concept and beyond. The successful candidate must be scientifically motivated self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision, conducting and critically analyzing experiments. The successful candidate will collaborate with other senior project scientists and research associates to design and complete in vitro proof-of-concept and in vivo translational studies on aggressive timelines.
We are looking for enthusiastic, detail oriented and highly motivated individuals with a passion for bringing novel medicines to patients and who are comfortable working on a fast-paced scientific team.
- Utilize technical knowledge of cell and molecular biology and genomics tools to support platform build and therapeutic program development with a focus on cancer
- Must be comfortable following developed protocols, but a demonstratable ability to develop new techniques and assays
- Provide support for cell-based assays and optimization of new sequencing-based protocols
- Well versed in techniques that include but are not limited to mammalian cell culture, transfections, RNA/DNA/protein isolation and analysis, qPCR, gel electrophoresis, ChIP, and bisulfite conversion
- Detail oriented with experience running and developing medium to high-throughput assays
- Strong presentation and excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled project teams in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting.
- Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities - comfortable delivering against challenging project needs and timelines.