Cellarity, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach.
Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
The Technology group at Cellarity Inc. is recruiting for the position of computational biologist, as part of a team developing and operating DNA sequencing and other cutting-edge data generation methodologies. Cellarity’s mission includes leveraging data from single cells to drive prediction of new medicines. The role for this position is focused on using biological and technical knowledge in concert with computational skills for exploration, evaluation and development of new data types that can be leveraged to advance our knowledge of cell behavior. The position will collaborate with laboratory scientists in the Technology team, as well as with Cellarity’s AI team and other researchers in Biology, Technology and Chemistry.
- Exploration of data types to understand and validate their potential application and utility to drive improved understanding of cell behavior
- Carry out rapid response analyses in a fast, iterative technology development cycle in concert with laboratory researchers
- Participate in experimental design and provide analysis and critical evaluation of proof of concept/prototype method development activities
- Optimize or develop new analytical approaches for evaluating the performance of a range of single cell-focused data types
- Work closely with AI team to evaluate the potential impact of specific new data types for the Cellarity drug prediction process
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team with stakeholders from Biology, Chemistry and AI
- PhD or Masters degree and research experience in biology, computational biology or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Scientific understanding of molecular and systems biology, diverse molecular data types and analysis tools
- Practical knowledge of genomic technologies and data types, particularly transcriptomics-based assays; familiarity with other relevant technologies used to generate cell-based data (e.g., high content imaging, FACS) a plus
- Practical programming and scripting skills; strong knowledge of Python required
- Fast learner, analytical thinker, creative problem solver, strong communication skills
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team