What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Flagship Pioneering is looking for a Director to join our Contracts capability. The role will be responsible for the administration of agreements relating to external activities associated with corporate activities and the research and development efforts of Flagship and its early-stage portfolio companies.
The successful candidate will manage the generation of agreements using legal templates, help negotiate terms and conditions with for-profit and non-profit groups (vendors, CROs, academic laboratories, etc.), produce progress reports, coordinate the final execution of the agreements, and help maintain the contract tracking and compliance system. The successful candidate will work closely with the Flagship Pioneering research community, external parties, the legal department, corporate compliance, procurement and the Accounting/Finance department. This position will require to work under tight timelines.
- Draft and negotiate various agreements using legal templates in close collaboration with Flagship attorneys.
- Catalog, track, and manage key contract data across the Flagship enterprise
- Keep updated files and prepare reports as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Significant experience with contract administration and management processes, procedures, and software
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with standard office software applications (MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- Effective cross-disciplinary communication skills and an eagerness to creatively engage the Flagship legal team, scientists, and business leaders to fully understand complex issues and craft innovative solutions
- The intellectual curiosity and drive to offer comprehensive solutions to the team, consisting of Scientists, Finance, and Legal representatives, etc., to ensure the successful organization of our research agreements
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast paced environment
- Experience in academic technology transfer offices or pharmaceutical/biotech companies are preferred
- Experience working with external groups towards a goal where timelines are met or exceeded
- Proven track record of building relationships with cross functional stakeholders; internal and external
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.