Flagship Labs 63 Inc. (FL63) is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage platform biotechnology company that is leveraging emerging insights in RNA biology to develop a novel class of human therapeutics.
FL63 was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, resources and grows first-in-category life science companies. The firm’s institutional innovation foundry, Flagship Labs, is where teams of scientific entrepreneurs systematically evolve ideas and turn previously undiscovered areas of science into real-world ventures. Flagship has created over 100 scientific ventures resulting in >$19 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and >50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents. Flagship’s portfolio companies include Moderna, Rubius Therapeutics, and Indigo Agriculture.
FL63 is a dynamic, entrepreneurial and data-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional cheminformatician to join our growing team. Reporting in to the Head of Therapeutics Development, the successful candidate will establish collaborative working relationships with a diverse and passionate team of R&D scientists, help to build and maintain a world class data science platform, and bring imagination and innovation to chemistry design by applying state of the art informatics and computational approaches.
- Work with FL63 leadership to establish chemistry strategy
- Integrate cutting-edge cheminformatics solutions within a R&D data science platform to enable data insights
- Embrace the role of champion for data quality, management and governance across the company
- Work with a team of computational and experimental scientists to drive improvements in hit selection, assay design, and drug molecule properties
- Create compelling data visualizations for presentations
Qualifications and Skills:
- MS or Ph.D. degree in a scientific field coupled with informatics experience, or computational sciences
- Strong programming and statistical analysis skills, including in Python, SQL and R
- Expert knowledge of 2D and 3D chemical structure analysis and representation
- Comfortable using cheminformatics applications such as OEChem, RDkit and TIBCO Spotfire and pipelining tools such as Knime
- Applied ML and other statistical models in a drug discovery environment
- Developed predictive QSAR models
- Collaborated actively on multi-disciplinary R&D project teams
- Generated 3D structural models of biological molecules
- Developed and maintained software that integrates components of a data science platform
- Database design, high performance computing, AWS and handling relevant 3rd party data
- Implemented and supported data systems for drug discovery in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Worked in the fields of oligonucleotide chemistry, or molecular biology
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.