Are you someone who understands the value of Data in R&D? Do you have experience in developing strategic data partnerships globally with academic institutes, hospitals, government bodies and third-party data providers? Can you go beyond generic data sourcing and proactively seek out and propose valuable data sets/partnerships to unlock new business ventures?
If this describes you, then you may be the right fit to join Cellarity on our industry pioneering mission to develop cell behavior targeted medicines.
The Head of Data Strategy position at Cellarity, will be responsible for providing strong leadership and expertise to identify data types and partnership options and to establish agreements with strategic data partners to drive patient sample acquisition in the context of tissue type and disease, RWD/RWE of relevant patient populations, drug libraries for drug design, commercial data for portfolio decision making and other strategic data sources.
This role will work closely in collaboration with some of the brightest experts in AI, R&D and Technology in support of both therapeutic pipeline and platform development at Cellarity.
Given the strategic leadership required for this critical role, the opportunity to develop an unparalleled diversity of therapeutic areas and drug modalities, and the curiosity of doing this for a completely rearchitected R&D approach to support the development of cell behavior targeted medicines, our expectation is that this leader will be bold, thoughtful and not afraid to explore in both obvious and non-obvious places for data-driven value.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Data partnership, licensing & acquisition
- Develops and owns data strategy from data type to sourcing and partnership options relevant to R&D
- Can engage in clinically relevant data discussions with academic institutes, hospitals, government bodies and third-party data providers across the globe
- Can execute Data Partnership Agreements in partnership with relevant internal legal & contracting support
- Manages partnership deliverables and timelines
- Strategy and Operations
- Institutes capabilities to identify data needs and propose new data types collaboratively across therapeutic and platform team members (made up of Technology, R&D and AI experts
- MD, PharmD, PhD, M.S in scientific, data driven discipline with 5+ years experience in a Pharma/Biotech/Health Insurance/Health Technology/Hospital/Academic/Govt/Top Tier Management Consulting company required
- 5+ yrs demonstrated experience developing and executing strategic health-related data partnerships and agreements. Data type examples include but not limited to patient samples, biobanks, chemistry libraries, registries, RWD, commercial etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated teambuilding and leadership skills within the organization and with alliances
- Experience in developing and leading high performance cross functional teams to achieve desired outcomes with internal and external teams
Reports to: Chief Digital & Data Officer, Cellarity
Cellarity was founded in 2017 at Flagship Pioneering's innovation foundry, Flagship Labs. Cellarity is a first-of-its-kind therapeutics company that is discovering and developing medicines by studying and altering cell behaviors. Cellarity has developed a powerful, generalizable platform harnessing single-cell technologies, machine learning and proprietary data models of disease to unveil the network state of a given cell, defining the cell's behavior. The platform digitizes and quantifies cellular behaviors, unravels the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generates medicines that can direct them. These medicines are rationally designed to alter the cell behaviors that drive disease, obviating the need for random screening paradigms.
This vantage point opens treatment avenues in countless diseases, including many that have been overlooked or have been too complex to resolve with traditional approaches. The team has already identified a number of Cell Behavior Targeting compounds and validated their effects with in in vitro and in vivo disease models and advancing systematically to clinical stage. Cellarity is progressing programs in hematology, immune-oncology, metabolism and respiratory diseases.
With the unique ability to discover drugs based on cellular behavior, Cellarity’s goal is to dramatically increase the success rate and speed of drug discovery through a paradigm shifting approach to biotech.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto