What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform healthcare and sustainability?
Flagship Labs 72, Inc. (FL72) is a well-funded, early stage biotechnology company founded by Flagship Pioneering that is developing a new category of immune therapeutics. FL72 was founded through Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated Scientist or Senior Scientist to join our research team. The candidate will work closely with Flagship’s founding team to lead protein biochemistry assay development, execution and interpretation. The successful candidate will have a strong protein biochemistry background with experience in protein production and molecular biology and will integrate closely with the immunology team to execute, interpret, iterate and expand platform’s analytical assays.
This role requires a results-driven attitude and an eagerness for continued innovation and optimization. The ideal candidate must be highly collaborative, self-motivated, and eager to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Design, execute and interpret protein biochemistry and molecular biology assays
- Optimize and execute high throughput biologics screening methods
- Lead strategy and planning to identify, evaluate, and champion new technologies
- Contribute to development of IP portfolio
- Report results to scientific team and executive management
- Work effectively with a cross-functional team to contribute to the vision, strategy, and tactics of the organization.
- Ph.D. scientist with 3+ years of industry or post-doctoral experience in protein biochemistry, molecular biology or related disciplines
- Experience in protein expression and purification methods (e.g. FPLC)
- Experience with high throughput screening methods (e.g. phage display)
- Experience in antibody characterization and ligand binding assays
- Experience with molecular biology including library cloning and analysis
- Experience with next generation sequence data analysis (NGS) is a plus
- Motivated and curious with a demonstrated ability to work in multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting.
More About Flagship Pioneering
We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering’s Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
We believe pioneering is best done by teams, and that it is a process that can be taught, learned, and replicated. Learn more about our Company Creation Model.
Can Breakthrough Innovations Be Made Systematically? A Conversation With Noubar Afeyan, Flagship Pioneering’s CEO.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.