Cellarity, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach. Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
Cellarity is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Scientist/Sr. Scientist with expertise in the field of hematology to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to validate novel discovery approaches based on cell behavior. The candidate will be working under the supervision of a Group Lead and will be responsible for establishing robust cell-based assays and animal models to therapeutically manipulate healthy and diseased cell states. The successful candidate will work closely with members of Cellarity’s AI and Technology team to rapidly advance discovery programs within our hematology portfolio. They will be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, results oriented, with excellent communication skills and be willing to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Establish cell-based assays and in vivo models of disease.
- Generate and validate data-driven hypotheses focused on HSC biology, hematopoietic lineage specification and cell fate decisions.
- Design and perform time sensitive experiments and drive discovery programs under the direction of Group Lead.
- The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute project objectives.
- Mentor and manage junior scientist and associates.
- PhD in hematology or related field and 3+ years in biotech or pharma required
- Demonstrated ability in assay development and complex cell-based assays.
- Extensive experience with characterization and/or differentiation of primary cells from human and murine origin, specifically hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells, and immune cells.
- Proven hands-on experience with multi-color flow cytometry and cell sorting.
- Expertise with cell-based and molecular biology assays with a variety of readout technologies, such as, but not limited to: qPCR, ELISA, and immunofluorescence.
- Ability to work independently, generate, analyze and interpret data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Previous experience with small molecule therapeutics would be plus
- Immunology/inflammatory disease expertise would be a plus
- Working knowledge of genome modulations techniques including CRISPR-Cas9, RNAi, and/or use of AAV- and lentiviral vectors.
- Hands-on experience with animal models of hematological disease.
- Prior experience with animal handling, injections and tissue collection.
Learn more about Cellarity at https://cellarity.com/
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.