What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform healthcare and sustainability?
Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
The Head of Real Estate will be responsible for managing our portfolio of buildings both strategically and tactically. They will be responsible to manage and optimize contracts (lease contracts, service contracts), establish and maintain control procedures as well as tools to forecast, anticipate and assure efficient space management and operational spend.
The Head of Real Estate will act as the main contact for internal and external RE partners and service providers. In addition, our new head of facilities will prepare sourcing strategies and support operational procurement activities.
A successful candidate will evaluate and recommend improvements for space efficiencies within current portfolio of properties, establish a relationship with external real estate partners and project managers, and assume responsibility for the day to day facility operations within the first six months. Within the first twelve months the candidate will develop and implement a long-term space plan and strategy for new and existing companies in line with Flagship’s long-range business plans.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop long and short-range space plans in line with strategic business objectives, working with Flagship Venture Partners, Flagship Finance, as well as portfolio companies
- Coordinate property tours with external real estate partners and internal portfolio companies
- Develop and implement facilities policies and procedures as needed
- Manage build-outs for multiple locations
- Project management, supervising and coordinating the work of contractors
- Mange moves to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
- Ensure that buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
- Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related real estate/facilities management experience
- 10+ years of experience managing a complex real estate portfolio with multiple locations
- Knowledgeable of latest industry safety and environmental standards
- Ability to prioritize work, organize and handle multiple projects simultaneously, and interface with a colleagues, internal and external clients, and staff at all levels
- Strong procurement and negotiation skills
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.