What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform healthcare and sustainability?
Flagship’s venture creation engine has conceived and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT). Since its founding in 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
The Head of Procurement is responsible for leading strategic sourcing and procurement activities at Flagship. The Head of Procurement will work with scientific and operational leaders across Flagship’s enterprise companies to efficiently manage external spend in categories including lab supplies, lab equipment, analytical services, preclinical services, research models, CMC manufacturing, and clinical trials.
The Head of Procurement will direct the development and implementation of an enterprise strategic procurement plan for sourcing and managing goods and services across Flagship’s enterprise companies. The role will require establishing best practices and continuously improving policies and procedures to optimize a strategic and operational plan that delivers performance and quality while managing cost and risk.
- Work closely with scientific, operational, legal and financial leaders across the enterprise to define and execute a sourcing and procurement strategy that meets the long-term objectives of Flagship’s enterprise.
- Promote enterprise-wide best practices, and compliance of procurement and sourcing procedures.
- Deliver value across the enterprise through operational efficiencies
- Build and manage strategic relationships and negotiate supply agreements.
- Drive vendor performance and manage risk.
- Chart and assess Flagship’s network of vendors to gain efficiencies and limit risk while identifying opportunities for cost savings without sacrificing quality and performance.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences. Advanced degree is preferred. CPSM certification is strongly preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in procurement or sourcing in a large or medium-sized life sciences organization. Work experiences in research labs or preclinical/CMC functions are preferred.
- Solid understanding of drug development, clinical and non-clinical research and regulatory functions.
- Leadership in building and leading teams.
- A proven record of vendor and contract relationship and performance management.
- Proven project management skills. Demonstrated success in managing broad scope projects involving cross-functional teamwork.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Experience in preparing and presenting key information to stakeholders and management.