Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing to cure disease. Our genome is a mosaic comprising genes that protect us from, predispose us to, and cause disease. Gene Editing biotechnologies heralded the era of genome-modifying medicines, but they cannot address most diseases. Gene Writing is a new biotechnology that writes therapeutic messages into the genome to cure thousands of diseases at their source.
Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
The Screening Scientist will work in a collaborative team with a focus on developing cell screens and cell models to enable the translation of Tessera’s Gene Writing platform. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that combines significant biologic drug discovery experience with pioneering discoveries driving a novel biological platform.
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute screens and develop cell models that support research activities, project goals, and platform translation
- Plan and perform high throughput arrayed cell screens
- Initiate and maintain iPSC cultures
- Genetically engineer and differentiate iPSCs for the generation of models
- Design, execute, and troubleshoot experiments as well as data analysis
- Maintain lab notebooks and report data and analysis results to the scientific team
- Ph.D. with 4 or more years of experience in cell biology, molecular biology, or related fields
- Strong experience performing HTP cell screens, preferably using primary/stem cells
- Significant experience with iPSC culture techniques
- Prior experience with CRISPR gene editing tools, preferably editing of iPSCs
- Knowledge in basic protocols for iPSC differentiation (hepatocyte and/or neuronal differentiation)
- Familiarity with the use of automation in the context of cell screening
- Experience independently generating precise, reliable data and skillfully analyzing the data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.