Cellarity, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach.
Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ:EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (NASDQ:KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional research associate to join our newly established Platform Development team.
Cellarity is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Senior Research Associate with expertise in cell and molecular biology and assay development to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to validate novel target discovery approaches. The candidate will be responsible for independently designing and developing cell-based models to demonstrate our ability to therapeutically manipulate healthy and diseased tissues. The position requires strong experimental skills particularly in the development of quantitative assays and in the culture of primary cells, stem cells and cancer cell lines. The successful candidate will develop fit-for-purpose assays designed to critique and improve our platform methods but will also collaborate with scientists for assay development in other exploratory and therapeutic groups. They will be comfortable working in, and contributing to, a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, goal oriented, have excellent communication and organizational skills and be comfortable developing assays using a range of measurements and techniques.
Education and training:
- BS/MS degree in cell biology or related discipline
- 2 - 5 years Biotech/Pharma experience in cell and molecular biology and drug discovery
- Proven hands-on experience with cell-based and molecular biology assays with a variety of readout technologies, such as, but not limited to: cell culture, flow cytometry, high content imaging, qPCR, ELISA, and Western analysis
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture techniques, including the generation of stable and inducible cell lines
- Experience with characterization and/or differentiation of cells from human and animal tissues including hematopoietic cells, intestinal, epithelial, muscle and/or endothelial tissue is required
- Experience independently generating precise, reliable data and skillfully analyzing the data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Motivated and excited about biological discovery and assay development