What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Flagship Labs, FL70, Inc is integrating the latest developments in molecular biology and plant biology to create a new platform technology that enables adaptive, targeted and sustainable solutions in agriculture.
FL70 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a highly motivated Contract Research Associate to join our team. This is a contract to hire opportunity and an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in developing molecular assays in diverse plant and microorganism systems. The role requires strong practical background in plant pathology, molecular biology and microbiology. The successful candidate is highly organized, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and an integral part of a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary team. Excellent communication, record-keeping, and teamwork will be critical. Level of the role will commensurate with the appropriate education and years of experience of the identified candidate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct experiments to characterize plant-microorganism interaction
- Perform molecular assays for experimental readouts
- Ability to independently troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and propose solutions related to assay design and execution
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Assist with lab management tasks, including ordering and general organization
- BS or MS in Molecular Biology, Plant Pathology, Microbiology or a related discipline
- 3+ years professional laboratory experience, experience working in industry is a plus
- Strong expertise in plant biology and cell-based
- Experience with reporter detection assays (e.g. Luciferase, EGFP)
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including qPCR, Western blot and NGS library preparation
- Experience with protein, DNA and RNA purification
- Experience with bacterial culture or other microbes
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work with a diverse interdisciplinary team
- Enthusiasm for science and willingness to adapt to the changing needs of a fast-paced research and development effort.
- Adaptive and a quick learner, efficient in multi-tasking and trouble-shooting.
- A strong self-starter, results oriented with a strong attention to detail.
More About Flagship Pioneering
We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering’s Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
We believe pioneering is best done by teams, and that it is a process that can be taught, learned, and replicated. Learn more about our Company Creation Model!
Can Breakthrough Innovations Be Made Systematically? A Conversation With Noubar Afeyan, Flagship Pioneering’s CEO
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.