Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing to cure disease. Our genome is a mosaic comprising genes that protect us from, predispose us to, and cause disease. Gene Editing biotechnologies heralded the era of genome-modifying medicines, but they cannot address most diseases. Gene Writing is a new biotechnology that writes therapeutic messages into the genome to cure thousands of diseases at their source.
Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and highly motivated Scientist that can help advance our scientific mission. This person will join our Molecular Assays team and be responsible for the design, planning, and execution of NGS and other types of nucleic acid assays that support our strategic scientific direction.
- Plan, design, execute and improve critical assays with a focus on the broad use of NGS and other nucleic acid technologies
- Collaborate with scientific and informatics teams to design, perform, and interpret both NGS and additional molecular assays that directly support research activities, project goals, and platform development
- Design, implement, optimize and verify automation protocols
- Train users to be effective with automation protocols
- Work with a dynamic team and cross-train with other team members
- Maintain electronic lab notebooks and reporting data and results to the scientific team
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, genetics, cell biology or related field with 3+ years of industry experience is required
- Prior experience with NGS library processing and Illumina instrumental run is required
- Basic knowledge of NGS data analysis
- Prior experience with the development and execution of automation
- Detail-oriented with the ability to keep good experimental records
- Excellent communication skills, ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Qualifications, if you have these it would be a plus:
- Experience with non-NGS based molecular assays, including imaging
- Experience with high-throughput screening assays
- Hands-on analysis of raw NGS data
- Experience with gene editing, gene therapy, or single-cell sequencing technologies
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.