Founded by Flagship Pioneering, Cellarity is the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors. The company’s broad platform harnesses single-cell technologies and machine learning to digitize and quantify cellular behaviors, unravel the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generate medicines that can direct them. Cellarity is using its platform to design medicines targeting the full cellular and molecular complexity of disease, enabling a quantum leap in the success rate and speed of drug discovery, design and development. For additional information, visit www.Cellarity.com.
We are looking for an innovative and creative Visualization Engineer to help develop data visualization narratives and compelling user experiences that will allow internal users (including biologists, chemists, and data scientists) to explore internally generated data and discover deep scientific insights. In addition, the successful candidate will collaborate with scientists and ML experts to explore new ways to understand and connect scientific data and knowledge. The Visualization Engineer will join our fast-growing team, building critical digital infrastructure essential for a biotechnology company developing a groundbreaking scientific and medicine development platform.
- Work with members of the Biology, Bioinformatics, Chemistry, and Data Science & Machine Learning teams to define project requirements.
- Coordinate with back-end developers and other teams to define APIs and workflows.
- Design, implement, deploy, and maintain production-quality code.
- Write and maintain robust documentation of design decisions and code.
- 2+ years experience developing software/data visualizations in industry or in academia with strong code quality standards. (No degree preference but we would like to see your portfolio work.)
- Ability to synthesize scientific concepts into compelling and insightful, static and interactive production-grade visualizations based on high dimensional data.
- Curiosity to learn about new areas of science and biotechnology, whether or not you already have a background in this area.
- Skilled in a variety of static and interactive visualization platforms.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide range of teams and disciplines, including biologists, chemists and data scientists.
- Commitment to building an inclusive team culture that supports and values contributions from all members, regardless of race, gender, background, etc.
Start Date: Immediately
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.