Cellarity, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach.
Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Research Associate/Sr. RA with expertise in immunology to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to validate novel target discovery approaches. You will be responsible for developing in vitro and ex vivo immunological assay using primary human or murine immune cells to identify novel therapeutic interventions. The successful candidate will work closely with scientists of the Cellarity team to rapidly advance the scientific program. You should be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, goal oriented, have excellent communication skills, be willing to learn new skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in tissue culture with primary cells
- Experience with isolation, phenotypical and functional characterization (activation, cytokine release, proliferation, killing…) of immune cells
- Experience with flow cytometry including designing and optimizing multi-parameter flow cytometry panels
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in biology or related field, and minimum 2 years of relevant experience in immunology, immuno-oncology, or a related field.
- Develop and conduct cell-based assays to model disease and test data-driven hypotheses.
- Generate datasets key for hypothesis generation
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to execute and analyze experiments and present experimental findings at internal meetings.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with company policy.