Founded by Flagship Pioneering, Cellarity is the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors. The company’s broad platform harnesses single-cell technologies and machine learning to digitize and quantify cellular behaviors, unravel the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generate medicines that can direct them. Cellarity is using its platform to design medicines targeting the full cellular and molecular complexity of disease, enabling a quantum leap in the success rate and speed of drug discovery, design and development. For additional information, visit www.Cellarity.com.
- Cellarity is seeking an energetic, talented and highly motivated Senior Director to lead our In Vivo Pharmacology efforts and play a vital role in the company’s efforts to progress small molecule lead candidates to IND and early clinical studies. The candidate will lead a team of scientists and research associates responsible for internal and external in vivo studies in all program stages leading to IND and contribute to early clinical studies related to the programs. The successful candidate will work closely with the Cellarity leadership team and scientists, as well as the Flagship Pioneering team to rapidly advance Cellarity’s drug discovery programs. They will be comfortable working in and contributing to a highly dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, driven, open-minded, curious, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- The Head of In Vivo Pharmacology will be responsible for all animal drug discovery research activities (study design to execution and analysis) from exploratory to IND stage and contribute to the design of early clinical studies related to the programs
- They will be a key contributor for all exploratory and drug discovery cross functional programs teams and will play a leading role in selecting and implementing (internally or externally) the most appropriate and translational disease models including biomarkers to address program objectives
- The candidate will be expected to initiate and oversee necessary external collaborations including CROs and academic labs
- They will build, manage and lead a team of in vivo scientists and research associates
- The Head if In Vivo Pharmacology will be expected to effectively interface with various teams at Cellarity: Medicinal and Computational Chemistry, Applied Machine Learning, Technology, Exploratory Biology and Drug Discovery teams, Development (DMPK, Preclinical Drug Safety, Clinical Pharmacology and Medicine) and with the Cellarity leadership team
- PhD scientist with profound knowledge of in vivo physiology and pharmacology across multiple indications
- Scientific curiosity and ability to think beyond a particular disease indication
- Openness to embrace and effectively utilize new technologies and digital approaches in drug discovery
- Previous relevant experience in pharma or biotech drug discovery for at least 10 years, as well as a comprehensive understanding of drug development
- Led in vivo physiology and pharmacology studies for at least 3 small mol programs from early discovery to IND in Metabolic Diseases-experience with IND enabling studies and compiling regulatory study reports for IND submission
- Proven track record in driving collaborative approaches in drug discovery with internal as well as external partners
- Experience with additional modalities beyond small molecules will be a plus
- Strong leadership experience with both line management and matrix environment
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto