Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing to cure disease. Our genome is a mosaic comprising genes that protect us from, predispose us to, and cause disease. Gene Editing biotechnologies heralded the era of genome-modifying medicines, but they cannot address most diseases. Gene Writing is a new biotechnology that writes therapeutic messages into the genome to cure thousands of diseases at their source.
Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
The Senior Manager/Associate Director of Strategy will be responsible for building perspectives and driving analyses that guide the overall strategy for Tessera. This will include developing a deep understanding of disease areas and indications of interest by engaging with key opinion leaders and clinicians, studying the treatment paradigms and therapeutic pipelines, and drafting potential target product profiles for gene writers. We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multitasking and working independently on various initiatives. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
Key Responsibilities: The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to:
- Map the landscape of genetic medicine technologies and companies, and their relative advantages and limitations
- Develop a deep understanding of disease areas and indications of interest via primary resources (engaging with key opinion leaders, Tessera advisors, clinicians, patient advocacy group leaders, etc.) and secondary resources
- Synthesize findings and draw out strategic implications for Tessera
- Draft target product profiles for potential gene writers
- Engage in collaborative discussions to define strategic options for Tessera
- Prepare critical strategy documents for Tessera board meetings and investor meetings
- PhD preferred, BS or other graduate degree in the life sciences required
- Passion for genetic medicine approaches
- Strong familiarity with the pharmaceutical / biotech industry and drug development considerations
- Interest in and proven ability to understand disease journeys and treatment paradigms and how they may evolve
- Ability to communicate credibly and clearly with clinicians and key opinion leaders
- Strong attention to detail
- 2+ years in the biotech/pharma sector, either at an innovative biopharmaceutical company, a healthcare consulting firm, or an investment fund focused on biopharma
RECRUITING & STAFFING AGENCIES: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect the