Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing to cure disease. Our genome is a mosaic comprising genes that protect us from, predispose us to, and cause disease. Gene Editing biotechnologies heralded the era of genome-modifying medicines, but they cannot address most diseases. Gene Writing is a new biotechnology that writes therapeutic messages into the genome to cure thousands of diseases at their source.
Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
The Manager of Business Development will be responsible for supporting initiatives linked to partnerships and licensing. This will include identifying potential partnership opportunities, supporting discussions with potential and existing partners, and drafting and refining deal terms in coordination with other Tessera colleagues. We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
Key Responsibilities: The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to:
- Ideate, develop, and assess potential partnership and licensing opportunities for Tessera
- Synthesize perspectives for discussion with Tessera Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Identify potential partners and counterparties
- Support discussions with potential partners
- Draft and iterate potential deal and licensing terms in collaboration with Tessera colleagues
- BS or other graduate degree in the life sciences required
- Passion for genetic medicine approaches
- Strong familiarity with the pharmaceutical / biotech industry and drug development considerations
- Experience assessing and executing partnerships, licensing, and/or M&A in the biopharma sector
- Outstanding quantitative and conceptual problem-solving ability
- Strong attention to detail
- 2+ years in biotech/pharma BD team, or
- 2+ years in biopharma investment banking
RECRUITING & STAFFING AGENCIES: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.