FL74, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that leverages advances in machine learning to fundamentally change how we innovate in science and technology.
Flagship Pioneering is an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna, Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture. FL74, Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our development team.
FL74 is seeking a highly motivated computer scientist with a strong background in Machine Learning with a focus on Graph Neural Network Models to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to create an AI-driven innovation engine. The candidate must be independent, goal oriented, have excellent communication skills and be willing to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Lead rapid development and validation of novel machine learning algorithms for classification, clustering, prediction, and generation of scientific data
- Contribute to platform innovation and pipeline formulation
- Work independently and as part of a collaborative team to design, plan, and execute experiments that support research activities, project goals and platform development
- Close interactions with data scientists, subject matter experts, and business stakeholders
- Monitor and evaluate developments in state-of-the-art of AI/ML/DL algorithm and research results
- Write and present results to the team
- PhD or equivalent level of experience in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field)
- Strong coding and software engineering skills in Python
- Experience with ML tools and packages (e.g. Deep Graph Library, PyTorch, Snorkel, StanfordNLP, etc.)
- Experience with graph neural networks
- Experience working with heterogenous graphs/networks
- Broad ML perspective with demonstrated experience in algorithm innovation
- Motivated, curious, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and multidisciplinary environment
- Experience with NLP/ML models (e.g. LSTMs, Transformers) and techniques (e.g. word and sentence embedding, topic modeling)
- Experience working with time-series data
- Familiarity with life-science literature and biomedical data