Omega Therapeutics is seeking an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and highly capable Contracts Manager with strong development and negotiating skills to assist our VP of IP.
The contracts administrator will be responsible for the administration of agreements relating to external activities associated with the research and development and general operations efforts of Omega, including but not limited to confidentiality agreements, outsourced services, material transfer agreements, and licensing agreements.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for bringing novel medicines to patients. In addition, the candidate must be independent and motivated, with keen scientific curiosity coupled with the pragmatic can-do attitude and sense of urgency necessary to succeed in drug discovery and development. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, working under tight timelines and balancing multiple competing priorities.
This role closely interacts with key personnel across Omega, including staff and functional heads within Research and Development, the R&D and Executive Leadership Teams, and colleagues within Business Development, Program Management, Clinical, Regulatory, Legal/IP, Commercial and Finance groups.
This is an exciting and interdisciplinary role for a qualified, organized, and motivated individual.
- Drafting and negotiation of various agreements using legal templates
- Supporting the execution of agreements
- Create and maintain a contract tracking and compliance system
- Keep updated files as required in Omega's contracts management system
- Produce progress reports
- Review metrics related to the contract process and take appropriate action to improve efficiency and timeliness of contract processing
- Negotiating terms and conditions with for-profit and non-profit groups (CROs, academic laboratories, etc.
- Process and Template Development: Support development and updating of Omega’s processes and tools, including contract templates. Participate in corporate initiatives.
- Degree in scientific, economic, or legal discipline, or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience with managing and negotiating contracts at a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, law firm or technology transfer office of a university
- Sound understanding of drug development processes
- Solid experience with contract administration and management processes, procedures, and software
- Must possess good organizational and interpersonal skills as well as great attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills, an innovative approach to problem-solving, and an integrated view of business and scientific issues with complex negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Decision making, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficient with standard office software applications (MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- Proven track record of building relationships with cross functional stakeholders; internal and external
- Experience working with external groups towards a goal where timelines are met or exceeded
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient is essential.
- Effective cross-disciplinary communication skills and an eagerness to creatively engage the Omega legal team, scientists, and business leaders to fully understand complex issues and craft innovative solutions
- Ability to integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively