Founded by Flagship Pioneering, Cellarity is the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors. The company’s broad platform harnesses single-cell technologies and machine learning to digitize and quantify cellular behaviors, unravel the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generate medicines that can direct them. Cellarity is using its platform to design medicines targeting the full cellular and molecular complexity of disease, enabling a quantum leap in the success rate and speed of drug discovery, design and development. For additional information, visit www.Cellarity.com.
The Sequencing, Innovation, and Technology group at Cellarity Inc. seeks a Laboratory Automation Engineer to work as the primary engineering resource at a small (50 person) and growing drug discovery startup. The role is focused on laboratory automation and instrumentation, including programming lab automation, as well as designing, building, integrating, maintaining and improving automated methodologies for laboratory biological processes.
The work is hands-on, and will require skills in a broad range of engineering disciplines including liquid handling, protocol development, troubleshooting electrical and mechanical systems, and providing operating system validation/verification. The successful candidate will work closely with other researchers in biology, chemistry, technology, sequencing, and machine learning. The candidate must be a creative problem solver, be detail and process oriented, have excellent communication skills, and be eager to work in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
- Manage, plan, develop, and execute laboratory automation projects for molecular biology, genomics, next generation sequencing and cell culture applications from start-up to completion
- Act as point person for laboratory hardware, QC and preventative maintenance across the organization
- Implement laboratory instrument software and tools to drive high-throughput processes
- Optimize and validate protocols to support scale-up
- Serve as an expert resource to communicate and advise on strategic and tactical issues in automation and engineering
- Explore, test and as appropriate bring in technology capabilities
- Degree or equivalent professional experience in mechanical or electrical engineering, or biological science related fields.
- 2+ years’ experience in implementation and operation of automated systems, including designing, building and deploying automated laboratory workflows in life sciences or clinical laboratory setting
- Professional level knowledge of engineering and biological principles, particularly in genomics and DNA sequencing.
- Expertise in programming Hamilton instrumentation required
- Familiarity with a wide range of biological laboratory instrumentation
- 3D printing and fabrication a plus; CAD/Solidworks preferred
- Proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as part of a team
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto