What if you could join a rapidly growing company and play a critical role in bringing new medicines to patients through looking at and treating disease in a revolutionary way.
Founded by Flagship Pioneering, Cellarity is the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors. The company’s broad platform harnesses single-cell technologies and machine learning to digitize and quantify cellular behaviors, unravel the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generate medicines that can direct them. Cellarity is using its platform to design medicines targeting the full cellular and molecular complexity of disease, enabling a quantum leap in the success rate and speed of drug discovery, design and development. For additional information, visit www.Cellarity.com.
Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Project Manager/Associate Director of Research Project Management to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to progress small molecule lead candidates to IND. The candidate will be responsible for providing strong leadership and expertise to drive the teams (internal and external) to execute on program deliverables and initiatives required to meet the goals of the organization. The successful candidate will work closely with scientists across Cellarity, as well as the Flagship Pioneering team to rapidly advance the drug discovery programs. S/he will be comfortable working in and contributing to a highly dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, open-minded, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- The Senior Manager/Associate Director Research Project Manager will provide high quality project management to an innovative portfolio of exploratory and drug discovery programs from idea through to IND.
- Will guide program teams to define program strategy and objectives, translating these into optimal deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Works closely with Finance and cross-functional program teams to establish program related budgets and resourcing plans. Is accountable to monitor plans and ensure adherence to budget
- The PM will interface with and drive collaboration between the various teams at Cellarity: Medicinal Chemistry, AI, Technology, Exploratory Biology, Development (DMPK, Preclinical Drug Safety, Clinical Pharmacology and Medicine) and with the Cellarity Leadership Team.
- Working in collaboration with Head of Project & Portfolio Management, will define, establish and maintain the project management tools and systems to enable efficient and effective management, tracking and reporting of the research programs.
- Ensures efficient and effective communications of program/project related information to all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Manages all facets of alliances and/or contractor relationships.
- Lead and/or manage strategic or platform development projects.
- Degree in a scientific discipline, ideally life science or chemistry
- 10 years relevant experience in pharma or biotech drug discovery and development, as well as a comprehensive understanding of drug discovery (preclinical).
- 3+ years of Project Management experience in drug discovery and development.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated teambuilding and leadership skills
- Scientific curiosity and passion for discovering new, innovative medicines.
- Openness to embrace new technologies and digital approaches in drug discovery
- Proven track record in driving successful, collaborative drug discovery teams.
- PMP certification
- Leadership experience, both line management and matrix environment
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto