What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
FL65 is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a platform for understanding and leveraging complex molecular interactions within organisms to solve global challenges in human health and sustainability. The company leverages a multidisciplinary approach that integrates tools ranging from machine learning and big data to multi-omics and high-throughput screening.
FL65 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
FL65 is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our team. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a passion for pursuing innovative science aimed at bringing novel medicines to patients. Successful candidates should be highly organized, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and capable of working closely with an interdisciplinary team. Associates will closely collaborate with staff scientists. We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits. The level of the role will commensurate with the education and years of experience of the identified candidate.
- Concurrently maintain a large number of mammalian cell lines for high-throughput assays;
- Establish and conduct in vitro cell-based assays, including cytotoxicity, protein binding, and functional assays for a wide range of small molecules;
- Perform cell and molecular biology techniques including, but not limited to, imaging, FACS, ELISA, immunohistochemistry, and western blotting for characterization of cell models;
- Ability to independently troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and propose solutions related to assay design and execution;
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills;
- Assist with lab management tasks, including ordering and general organization.
- BS or MS in in biology, cell biology, immunology, or related discipline, with 2+ years of additional laboratory experience in molecular biology, experience working in industry is a plus;
- Strong expertise in mammalian cell culture (adherent & suspension cultures), transfection,and cell-based assays (e.g. proliferation, toxicity, cytokine assays);
- Experience with reporter cell lines and detection assays (e.g. Luciferase, fluorescence, etc.);
- Experience with molecular biology techniques, such as real-time PCR, Western blot, ELISA, microscopy;
- Experience with cell and protein-based assays, such as flow cytometry, plate-reader based activity assays;
- Capable of both independent- and team-oriented work, collaborating across disciplines, and supervising and training junior research associates;
- Adaptive and a quick learner, capable of managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced work environment;
- Highly motivated with a ‘no task too small’ attitude and strong work ethic;
- Strong verbal, written communication, and problem-solving skills;
- Execution focused, team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience in drug discovery or high-throughput screening is preferred
More About Flagship Pioneering
We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering’s Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
We believe pioneering is best done by teams, and that it is a process that can be taught, learned, and replicated. Learn more about our Company Creation Model!
Can Breakthrough Innovations Be Made Systematically? A Conversation With Noubar Afeyan, Flagship Pioneering’s CEO
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.