FL65 is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a platform for understanding and leveraging complex molecular interactions within organisms to solve global challenges in human health and sustainability. The company leverages a multidisciplinary approach that integrates tools ranging from machine learning and big data to multi-omics and high-throughput screening.
FL65 was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovative enterprise that conceives, creates, funds, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship manages more than $2 billion in funds and has applied its hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster over 75 scientific ventures, including Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RUBY), and more. Flagship’s portfolio companies have aggregated over $19 billion in value, 500+ issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing and strategizing novel in vitro and in vivo models to investigate mechanistic action of therapeutic compounds on metabolic signaling pathways in various cell and tissue types;
- Executing and troubleshooting experiments using established models and assays;
- Managing projects with vendors and CROs;
- Collaborating closely with multi-disciplinary team members;
- Supervising and leading research associates and/or junior scientists.
- PhD. in biology, cell biology, metabolism, or related discipline, industry experience preferred;
- Deep expertise in metabolic signaling pathways driving various disease areas including metabolic disorder, oncology, and others ;
- Experience with developing and/or implementing mammalian in vitro and in vivo disease models;
- Experience with high-throughput, cell-based assays, such as plate-reader based assays;
- Experience with molecular biology techniques, such as real-time PCR, Western blot, ELISA, microscopy;
- Experience with natural product discovery, strongly preferred;
- Capable of both independent- and team-oriented work, collaborating across disciplines, and supervising and training junior research associates;
- Capable of managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced work environment, highly motivated, strong work ethic;
- Strong verbal, written communication and problem-solving skills.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.