Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing to cure disease. Our genome is a mosaic comprising genes that protect us from, predispose us to, and cause disease. Gene Editing biotechnologies heralded the era of genome-modifying medicines, but they cannot address most diseases. Gene Writing is a new biotechnology that writes therapeutic messages into the genome to cure thousands of diseases at their source.
Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Tessera Therapeutics is seeking a (Senior) Research Associate in AAV process development. The candidate will have both hands-on technical experience with molecular biology techniques and upstream process development for the manufacture of biologics (vaccines, viral vectors, mAbs). We seek applicants that are proactive, enthusiastic, and show a passion for process development. The applicant should have strong communication and collaboration skills, along with a strong technical background in nucleic acid production and assay development. Strong attention to details and excellent organizational and documentation skills are highly desirable.
- Contribute to the design and construction of novel viral vectors
- Contribute to the development of processes and scale-up for consistent manufacture of quality materials for GMP clinical/commercial supply. Refine scale-down models for process characterization and optimization.
- Plan, perform and analyze cell culture experiments in shake flasks, small-scale automated bioreactors and pilot-scale bioreactors.
- Generate/review operating procedures, technical reports, protocols, batch records, etc.
- Manufacture critical materials for developmental and preclinical testing.
- May supervise direct report(s)
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BS (3+ yrs.) or MS (1+ yrs.) in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Biological or Chemical Engineering, Biology, Virology) with experience in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, molecular cloning and site-directed-mutagenesis.
- Experience in bioprocess development is highly desirable. In particular, hands on experience with upstream processing of biologics – especially for viral vectors: adeno associated virus (AAV), lentivirus.
- Desire to take on new technology challenges and broaden technical skill set, including downstream manufacture of viral vectors and/or product characterization/analysis.
- Application of advanced automation and statistical data analysis in development, including design of experiments (DoE) is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in team-oriented environment; driven and highly organized, attention to details.
RECRUITING & STAFFING AGENCIES: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.