Cellarity, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach. Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
The Sequencing, Innovation, and Technology group at Cellarity Inc. seeks a Process Development Scientist to drive technology development projects in genomics, as part of a team developing and operating DNA sequencing and other cutting-edge laboratory methodologies. The role for this position includes working with cutting-edge approaches in genomics, DNA sequencing and molecular biology. This includes evaluation, implementation and optimization as well as prototyping of new methods and validation of developing assays. The successful candidate will work closely with other researchers in biology, technology, sequencing, and machine learning. The candidate must be a creative problem solver, detail and process oriented, have excellent communication skills, and eager to work in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
- Design and execute experiments
- Process optimization, troubleshooting and quality control of DNA sequencing, molecular biology and genomics processes.
- Implementation of new technologies and data modalities in a production environment.
- Serve as an expert resource in providing expertise and guidance in genomics and DNA sequencing technology for others in the group and across the company. Communicate and advise on strategic issues relating to these areas.
- Explore, test and if appropriate bring in technology capabilities or data modalities
- Optimize and reduce to practice new or existing data modalities required by the company
- Work collaboratively with a multi-functional team of scientists, bioengineers, software engineers and data scientists to create strategies for data generation that are aligned to company goals
- PhD or equivalent experience with training in biology, genomics, engineering or related field
- Three or more years experience in genomics in an industry or industry-like setting
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with genomic and molecular biology processes, in particular relating to Illumina next-generation sequencing
- Demonstrated experience in technology development and process improvement; ability to work independently to design, plan and carry out effective technology development projects
- Experience with transcriptomics required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team with limited supervision
- Experience with single cell approaches a plus; experience with laboratory automation a plus
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with diverse group of scientists and engineers