Cellarity, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach. Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Scientist/Sr. Scientist with expertise in metabolism and intestinal diseases to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to validate novel target discovery approaches. The candidate will be working under the direction of the Group Lead and will be responsible for developing and conducting cell-based assays to test data-driven hypotheses to uncover new disease mechanisms and validate therapeutic interventions. The successful candidate will work closely with scientists of the Cellarity team to rapidly advance the therapeutic programs. S/he will be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be creative, independent, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills, be willing to learn new skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Contribute to generation and testing of data-driven hypotheses surrounding intestinal lineage specification and cell fate decisions.
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities, project goals and platform development.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in laboratory notebooks in accordance with company policy.
- Design, perform, analyze, interpret, and report experimental results at company meetings.
- Master’s degree in biology or related field, and minimum of 9 years of relevant industry experience, or PhD with 2-3 years of relevant industry experience.
- Solid understanding of the intestinal lineage specification and related disease. Familiarity with in vitro models of differentiation and disease such those utilizing primary cells, organoids, co-culture systems, and organs-on-chips.
- Extensive experience in functional assay development, and screening.
- Proven hands-on experience with cell-based and molecular biology assays with a variety of readout technologies, such as, but not limited to flow cytometry, qPCR, Western Blot, ELISA, and high-content imaging.
- Experience independently generating precise, reliable data and skillfully analyzing the data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, highly-organized with strong attention to detail, and desire to learn new skills.
- Motivated and excited about biological discovery and assay development.
Learn more about Cellarity at https://cellarity.com/
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.