Senior/Principal Scientist, Automation and Molecular Biology
Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Generate Biomedicines is looking for a highly talented Senior/Principal Scientist to join the growing protein sciences team and drive several activities across molecular cloning, production and characterization in a variety of protein formats. They will be expected to lead efforts to develop state-of-the-art methods for high-throughput molecular cloning, protein production and functional characterization. The candidate will also be tasked with developing in-house DNA sequencing capabilities. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Managing team of scientists executing workflows focused on molecular cloning, DNA production, NGS and functional screening
- Developing a state-of-the-art, high-throughput, modality-agnostic screening platform
- Designing and establishing in-house DNA sequencing workflows
- Contributing to the definition and implementation of the Generate informatics infrastructure
- Data presentation in cross-functional settings
- Documentation in to ELNs and writing SOPs
- Deep expertise in:
- Molecular cloning techniques (RE cloning, Gibson assembly, Goldengate etc.)
- Laboratory automation and liquid handling
- Next Generation Sequencing
- Development and execution of screening assays (e.g. cell/protein ELISA, DELFIA, HTRF etc.)
- Standard molecular biology techniques
- Standard microbiology techniques
- Deep understanding of:
- Bacterial and mammalian protein expression techniques
- Protein purification techniques
- Biotherapeutic drug discovery
- Prior experience managing other scientists
- Excellent attention to detail, documentation, and communication skills
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.