Founded by Flagship Pioneering, Cellarity is the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors. The company’s broad platform harnesses single-cell technologies and machine learning to digitize and quantify cellular behaviors, unravel the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generate medicines that can direct them. Cellarity is using its platform to design medicines targeting the full cellular and molecular complexity of disease, enabling a quantum leap in the success rate and speed of drug discovery, design and development. For additional information, visit www.Cellarity.com.
Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Director/Senior Director in Hematology Discovery Research to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to progress small molecule lead candidates to IND and early clinical studies. The candidate will direct all drug discovery research activities from lead generation to IND and contribute to early clinical studies related to the programs. The successful candidate will work closely with the Cellarity leadership team and scientists, as well as the Flagship Pioneering team to rapidly advance the drug discovery programs. They will be comfortable working in and contributing to a highly dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, open-minded, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- The Program Leader in Hematology Research will direct all drug discovery research activities from lead generation to IND and contribute to early clinical studies related to the programs
- Play a leading role in selecting new indications in Hematology for exploratory work (in addition to driving existing projects)
- Work cross functionally towards a continuous output of development compounds which address the unmet medical need in various disease indications within the Hematology area.
- Build and manage an attractive program portfolio and help to establish Cellarity as a recognized and competitive company in the Hematology area
- Actively support and pursue necessary external collaborations
- Lead and manage 3-4 direct reports in 2020 with expansion to up to 10 reports by end of 2021
- The PL will be expected to interface with various teams at Cellarity: Medicinal Chemistry, AI, Technology, Exploratory Biology, Development (DMPK, Preclinical Drug Safety, Clinical Pharmacology and Medicine) and with the Cellarity leadership team
- PhD scientist with profound knowledge of Hematology across multiple indications
- Ideally strong experience in Pharmacology and Physiology
- Scientific curiosity and ability to think beyond a particular disease indication
- Openness to embrace new technologies and digital approaches in drug discovery
- Previous relevant experience in pharma or biotech drug discovery for at least 7 years, as well as a comprehensive understanding of drug development
- Led at least 2 small mol programs from early discovery to IND in Hematology-experience with IND enabling studies and compiling regulatory study reports for IND submission
- Proven track record in driving collaborative approaches in drug discovery with internal as well as external partners
- Strong leadership experience with both line management and matrix environment
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto