Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing to cure disease. Our genome is a mosaic comprising genes that protect us from, predispose us to, and cause disease. Gene Editing biotechnologies heralded the era of genome-modifying medicines, but they cannot address most diseases. Gene Writing is a new biotechnology that writes therapeutic messages into the genome to cure thousands of diseases at their source.
Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
The Immune Cell Scientist will be working in a team with a focus on translating the Tessera Therapeutics Gene Writing platform. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that combines significant biologic drug discovery experience with pioneering discoveries driving a novel biological platform.
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities, project goals, and platform translation.
- Culture and isolation of primary immune cells (T cells/NK cells/HSCs).
- Viral transduction or electroporation of primary immune cells.
- Flow cytometry analysis of cell populations and cell characterization.
- Design, execute, and troubleshoot experiments as well as data analysis.
- Maintain lab notebooks and report data and analysis results to the scientific team.
- Ph.D. with 0-2 years of experience in immunology or immune disease biology.
- Strong experience with primary immune cell culture techniques.
- Prior experience with gene delivery methods such as CRISPR gene editing or viral transduction preferred.
- Experience in multi-parameter flow cytometry, immunological assays and cell characterization (ex vivo and in vivo)
- Experience independently generating precise, reliable data and skillfully analyzing the data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.