Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing to cure disease. Our genome is a mosaic comprising genes that protect us from, predispose us to, and cause disease. Gene Editing biotechnologies heralded the era of genome-modifying medicines, but they cannot address most diseases. Gene Writing is a new biotechnology that writes therapeutic messages into the genome to cure thousands of diseases at their source.
Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Tessera Therapeutics is seeking a Senior Research Associate or Scientist in RNA production process & analytical development. You will lead process development for in vitro transcription, modification and purification of long RNA molecules and produce RNAs to support company’s pre-clinical efforts. You will also develop drug substance characterization assays and perform quality checks of drug substance. We seek applicants that are proactive, enthusiastic, and show a passion for process development. The applicant should have strong communication and collaboration skills, along with a strong technical background in nucleic acid production and assay development. Previous experience with chromatography, filtration technologies, nanoparticle formulations, mixing technologies, and/or tangential flow filtration is preferred. Strong attention to details and excellent organizational and documentation skills are highly desirable.
- Optimize current processes to simplify manufacturing, decrease cost and/or improve characteristics of drug substance
- Execute and troubleshoot standard protocols, develop and adapt new protocols, and query literature to incorporate additional assays as needed
- Implement and automate DOE (Design of Experiments) workflows
- Synthesize, purify, and characterize drug substance
- Develop and perform analytical testing supporting process development and drug substance characterization
- Independently plan and execute experiments
- Perform data analysis and trending
- Deliver reproducible and impactful results under ambitious timelines
- Maintain thorough electronic lab notebooks and documentation records
- Adhere to all laboratory safety requirements and procedures, assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
- Create and write analytical reports and SOPs to support development and regulatory filings
- Document all experimental planning and progress in electronic lab notebook, prepare PowerPoint slides and present your finding to multi-disciplinary teams
- Bachelors to Ph.D. in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related discipline with 5-10 years of laboratory experience
- Previous hands-on support for process development and scale-up of drug substance including synthesis and purification of nucleic acids
- Experience with optimization of enzymatic and chemical reactions
- Experience with Design of Experiment (DOE) studies
- Strong laboratory skills in synthesis, purification, and characterization of RNA
- Analytical technologies including HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, qPCR, ELISA
- QC or process development or analytical development experience is highly desired
- Experience with production of fluorescently labeled RNA is a plus
- IND filing experience is a plus
- Previous AAV experience is a plus
RECRUITING & STAFFING AGENCIES: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.