Research Associate, Proteomics
What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring cellular turnover as a surprising and important driver of disease. Turnover is a fundamental feature of every cell in the human body, occurring more than 30 billion times per hour. However, this process often goes awry in disease. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating cellular turnover for the treatment of cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Inzen Therapeutics is seeking a Research Associate, Proteomics to join their growing team. The ideal candidate will have expertise in the preparation of samples for proteomic analysis. This Position will report to the Head of Platform and Data Science, and will have an integral role interacting with the Exploratory Biology, Drug Discovery, and Data Science teams.
Flagship is an experiment in institutional, entrepreneurial, innovation practiced in the context of a small company with an insurgent mindset. We are seeking individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong communication skills, and comfort working in and contributing to a dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The level of the role will commensurate with the education and years of experience of the identified candidate.
- Utilizes standard laboratory practices to execute established proteomic workflows.
- Produce/isolate samples for proteomics studies via Mass Spectometry, cell culture techniques, immunoprecipitation, protein sample preparation, and other methods from tissues and/or biofluids.
- Operates and maintains one or more LC-mass spectrometers (eg. e.g., ion trap, triple quadrupole, Thermo QExactive-series, Thermo Lumos-series) and HPLC systems for peptide separation and analysis.
- Collaborate internally to determine experimental strategy, project goals and timelines.
- Contribute to method selection, experiments and controls to be used in research and experimental design.
- Utilizes other protein biochemistry and proteomic techniques such as western blotting, multidimensional chromatography and in-gel digestion to meet project and research goals.
- Consults scientific literature and collaborate externally as needed. Tracks and compiles results.
- Detailed preparation of documents describing procedures and results. Independently prepare and assists in preparation of reports for meetings and other filings.
- Helps to coordinate material and supply needs for the Proteomics lab, orders supplies, helps to maintain stock of common expendables and reagents for Proteomics lab, and assists the Purchasing department with arranging for the servicing and maintaining major lab equipment. Interacts with vendors to investigate novel supplies and technologies.
- Maintains laboratory records, compliance with safety, biohazard and radioactivity guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry and 4+ years of experience in a research laboratory, or a Master’s degree and 2+ years of experience required.
- 2+ years of experience in MS based proteomics, significant experience with Mass Spec, HPLC, peptide and protein separation.
- Knowledge of various scientific databases and experience with presenting experimental results highly desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills required.
More About Flagship Pioneering
We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering’s Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
We believe pioneering is best done by teams, and that it is a process that can be taught, learned, and replicated. Learn more about our Company Creation Model.
Can Breakthrough Innovations Be Made Systematically? A Conversation With Noubar Afeyan, Flagship Pioneering’s CEO.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.