Flagship Labs 73, Inc. (FL73) is a well-funded, early stage biotechnology company founded by Flagship Pioneering that is developing a new category of immune therapeutics. FL73 was founded through Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a Scientist or Sr. Scientist with extensive experience in computational biology to build data analysis pipelines and apply computational tools to uncover new biological insights powering our therapeutics development efforts. The ideal candidate will have experience in single-cell analysis and will integrate closely with our immunology and protein sciences teams to drive our core discovery programs forward. The candidate must be independent, curious, goal oriented, and able to multitask across several projects. The candidate will bring an entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrate strong communication skills, and be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment.
- Develop and apply computational tools to high-dimensional molecular datasets, with an initial focus on single-cell transcriptomics
- Leverage proprietary and public datasets for data mining, engineering, analysis and visualization
- Communicate results to the scientific team and executive management
- Integrate closely with immunology and protein sciences teams to directly develop and guide experimental work
- Develop relationships with Flagship’s data science community and manage external consultants as needed
- Ph.D. or equivalent in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, bioengineering, or related fields.
- Demonstrated scientific understanding of molecular and systems biology, diverse molecular data types and analysis tools.
- Practical programming and scripting skills (e.g. R, Python)
- Previous work with single-cell and immunological datasets is strongly preferred
- Motivated and curious, experienced working with biologists and multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.