What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
FL71, Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel platform technology. FL71 explores the broad and emerging role of cellular biology and leverages novel technologies to develop treatments across multiple disease areas.
FL71 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
FL71 is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Stem Cell Biologist with expertise in cell biology to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to validate novel target discovery approaches. The candidate must be independent, goal oriented, have excellent communication skills and be willing to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. The level of the role will commensurate with the education and years of experience of the identified candidate.
- The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities, project goals and platform development
- Serve as a key contributor to the development of new technologies in regenerative medicine
- Contribute creatively and strategically to discussion and design of in vitro and in vivo assays
- Manage relationships with external research facilities
- Report results to scientific team and management
- Establish robust, high-quality, scalable protocols for stem cell differentiation
- Critical data analysis, attention to detail, and troubleshooting abilities
- Written and oral presentation of results
- Generate and support intellectual property generation for core projects
- Mentor and train research associates as needed
- Research Associate/Senior Research Associate Qualifications - Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in the biological sciences or related fields with 4+ years of relevant laboratory experience
- Scientist Qualifications- PhD in the biological sciences or related fields with 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience
- Extensive experience with stem cell culture, including iPSC/ESC generation/isolation, maintenance, expansion and banking
- Experience with developing and optimizing multiple differentiation protocols to differentiate iPSC or ESC into a wide variety of cell lineages
- Experience engineering cell lines with regulated gene expression systems using a range of delivery methods
- Cell characterization assays including flow, immunofluorescence, qRT-PCR, western blot
- Good organizational skills, able to multi-task experiments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Team oriented, highly motivated, execution focused with strong work ethic in an entrepreneurial environment
- Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities and needs
- A dynamic problem solver and self-starter
- Experience with expression vector design and cloning, viral production, RNA sequencing, and ELISA
More About Flagship Pioneering
We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering’s Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
We believe pioneering is best done by teams, and that it is a process that can be taught, learned, and replicated. Learn more about our Company Creation Model!
Can Breakthrough Innovations Be Made Systematically? A Conversation With Noubar Afeyan, Flagship Pioneering’s CEO
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.