What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Flagship Labs, FL70, Inc is integrating the latest developments in molecular biology and plant biology to create a new platform technology that enables adaptive, targeted and sustainable solutions in agriculture.
FL70 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a Scientist in RNA biology to join our passionate team of scientists. You will have the unique opportunity to take an active role in building our proprietary technology platform. The position requires broad technical experience that spans molecular biology, synthetic biology, RNA synthesis and structural RNA biology, with a strong emphasis on critical thinking, multitasking, and the ability to learn new techniques. The successful candidate is scientifically motivated self-starters, able to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and an integral part of a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary team. Excellent communication, record-keeping, and teamwork will be critical.
- Design, execute and troubleshoot of in vivo and in vitro RNA assays
- Develop new, innovative tools/assays for synthesizing, manipulating and analyzing RNA
- Determine and analyze RNA structure and optimize RNA structure for functionality
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature, attending conferences, and developing relationships with thought leaders
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific and strategic vision of the company
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biological Engineering or related field, with an emphasis in RNA biology/biochemistry
- Strong expertise in RNA structure determination, analysis and refinement
- Extensive experience in molecular biology with RNA manipulation, next-generation sequencing library construction
- Experience in techniques including RNA Fold, RNA Footprinting including RNA SHAPE, RT-qPCR, EMSA, FISH, Western blotting
- A strong self-starter, independent thinker, with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated industry experience or academic achievement, as evidenced by publications in high impact journals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Confident execution focused, team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency in assay development and optimization of nucleic acid production, purification, and biophysical characterization
- Established track record in the RNA biology field
- Familiarity with high-throughput experimental design and analysis
More About Flagship Pioneering
We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering’s Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
We believe pioneering is best done by teams, and that it is a process that can be taught, learned, and replicated. Learn more about our Company Creation Model!
Can Breakthrough Innovations Be Made Systematically? A Conversation With Noubar Afeyan, Flagship Pioneering’s CEO
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.