Flagship Pioneering is launching FL67, a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering the control of epigenetic mechanisms in cancer.
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SYRS), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
This new Flagship Labs venture is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
- Work closely with Biology team to create appropriate data analyses plans and communicate key findings.
- Build and implement data analysis pipelines and storage solutions for NGS and bisulfite sequencing data as well as methylation array datasets
- Evaluate and implement state-of-art methodologies for NGS and transcriptomic data analyses
- Design and implement state-of the art prediction and machine learning algorithms
- Identify and acquire relevant public and third-party ‘omics data and perform integrative data analyses to generate insights and propose therapeutic hypotheses.
- Analyze internal and external data sets to address biological questions critical to FL67’s core mission and generate testable hypotheses.
- Perform integrative, pathway and network analyses to understand disease mechanisms and determine clinical relevance.
- Monitor and evaluate new and emerging analytical technologies, and identify opportunities for collaboration within Flagship Pioneering companies, academia, and third-parties.
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics, or a related discipline preferred
- Minimum two years of experience working with data processing and analysis of large-scale next-generation sequencing, bisulfite sequencing, methylation array and other ‘omics datasets.
- Fluency in one or more programming languages with bioinformatics applications (e.g. R/Bioconductor, Python, Perl). Other scripting tools or languages such as Matlab, Java and databases (e.g., MongoDB, MySQL) is a plus.
- Familiarity with public domain sequencing and other ‘omics data sources.
- Experienced and proficient with experimental design, data processing, statistical analysis, and bioinformatics analysis/reporting of next-generation sequencing (DNA, bisulfite, RNAseq, single-cell NGS, and/or exome sequencing) and microarray platforms.
- Hands-on experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, R-Shiny, Spotfire, Google Charts, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience working within a Linux environment, high performance computing clusters, and cloud computing is preferable.
- Motivated and team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience collaborating with biology investigators is a must.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Must be able to think independently, work collaboratively and contribute to an active intellectual environment.