Flagship Pioneering has launched a privately held, biotechnology company that is pioneering novel diagnostics for cancer. This new company (FL67) is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire a Bioinformatics RA/Scientist to join our team.
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SYRS), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
FL67 is seeking an innovative and highly Bioinformatician who will be integral in the company’s efforts for identifying predictive biomarkers of cancer. The successful candidate has a strong background in bioinformatics, computer science or software engineering, as well as industry experience in the life-sciences. The candidate will be responsible for data management, data infrastructure and pipeline development for FL67’s suite of computational tools. Working with biologists, you will help design and analyze next generation sequencing data from human tissues, utilize bioinformatics tools and databases to provide biological interpretations and insights. Successful candidates should be scientifically motivated self-starters, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and keen on modeling biological processes using rich datasets.
- Create, implement and maintain pipelines for processing high-throughput next-generation sequencing data for genomics, epigenomics, and transcriptomics studies
- Analyze and extract biological insights from internal and public datasets by developing new computational methods or leveraging existing methods when possible
- Implement and develop data analysis/visualization tools to enable biologists accessing data
- Cultivate a data-centric company philosophy by creating best practices for data management and infrastructure
- Support data management and storage for all of FL67’s sample handling and laboratory operations
- MS or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- 2 years of industry experience in a computational-focused early stage company or at a pharmaceutical company
- Strong experience with pipeline development, bioinformatics tools and data management
- Experience using general purpose programming languages (C++, Java, Go, R, Python)
- Experience with cloud-based storage and service tools (Google, AWS, etc)
- Experience with epigenetic and transcriptomic data is a plus
- Demonstrated industry experience and academic achievement