FL69 Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the vision to revolutionize the human therapeutic landscape. FL69 Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. FL69 Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
FL69 is seeking a talented Principal Scientist to develop an exciting new computational drug development pipeline centered on target identification, drug discovery and translational research. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong background in human genetics, multi-omics dataset analysis, experience developing new methods, establishing bioinformatic pipelines, and working in a collaborative environment in a highly interdisciplinary team committed to drug development. Experience with RiboSeq and translatomics data is a plus. The candidate will be working closely with the FL69 origination team to establish the early stage company platform, vision and processes. This position will initially involve creating and evolving critical platform discovery informatics pipelines and building a team with eventual transition into a management position.
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific vision of the company
- Lead efforts to build and implement a foundational data analysis pipeline and integrate information across multi-omics datasets and other phenotype data to support discovery efforts
- Analyze and extract key insights from internal and public datasets by developing new computational frameworks
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature, attending conferences, and developing relationships with thought leaders
- Develop and implement framework and tools to enable translational biology teams to access data and understand analysis pipeline
- Actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific vision of the company
- Build and lead a strong computational team to support target discovery and validation efforts
- PhD or MS with multiple years industry experience or equivalent in bioinformatics, computational biology, genomics, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled, diverse teams in an industry environment
- Driven to develop a transformative therapeutic discovery platform
- Familiarity with integration multi-omics platforms and analysis of such datasets
- Experience with mining public datasets
- Demonstrated industry experience or academic achievement, as evidenced by publications in high impact journals, conference proceedings, or widely used codebase
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Confident execution, focused and team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- >3 years of industry experience or equivalent in bioinformatics, computational biology, genomics, or related field.
- Deep understanding of data mining algorithms and experience in exploratory analysis
- Strong programming skills in scripting language (Python, MATLAB, R).
- Strong collaborative skills with evidence of working in, and leading a team
- Prior experience incorporating GWAS-EBI or whole genome sequencing data in transcriptomic analysis
- Experience with managing, cleaning and normalizing large, multi-dimensional datasets
- Experience and understanding of translation biology and RiboSeq.
RECRUITING & STAFFING AGENCIES: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.