LARONDE Inc., is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. LARONDE has developed a powerful technology exploiting the properties of naturally occurring eRNAs allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression, to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas.
LARONDE was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
LARONDE is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional Research Associate to join our research team.
LARONDE is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Research Associate with expertise in vivo pharmacology, and ex-vivo and in vitro analysis to support the company’s efforts in validating novel targets and therapeutic approaches. The candidate must be independent, goal oriented, have excellent communication skills and be willing to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. The Research Assistant should possess strong organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Assist in developing disease models for in vivo proof-of-concept.
- Design experimental workflows, execute and collect data of novel effector molecules for therapeutic applications.
- Critical data analysis, attention to details and troubleshooting abilities.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with company policy.
- Report experimental plans and results to scientific team and executive management.
- Proactive literature review to contribute to new ideas and therapeutic opportunities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in animal sciences or in cell biology related fields plus 2+ years of lab experience preferably in the bio-pharmaceutical industry.
- Extensive experience with mouse handling, injections (IV, IM, IP, SC, intradermal, etc.), blood collection and tissue harvesting.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic and innovative environment. Execution-focused, highly motivated and with strong work ethics.
- Ability to think critically and creatively as part of a fast-paced research team, while being highly independent.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.