Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
We are seeking a creative, motivated Software Engineer to help build our data platform. Generate Biomedicines is an innovative platform company leveraging Machine Learning to design novel protein therapeutics. This role will be an integral part of building a powerful, integrated data platform that streamlines data flow between wet and dry lab functions. The successful candidate will work closely with scientists from across the organization to understand both platform and project requirements, and translate those into high-quality software that rapidly advances our scientific programs.
- Work with colleagues from Platform Biology, Protein Sciences, Oncology & Immunology, and Data Science / Machine Learning teams to elicit requirements and identify opportunities for data platform improvements
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain high-quality, production, user-facing web applications using Aurelia
- Integrate third party applications into the data platform using APIs/SDKs
- Integrate automation robots with the data platform for high-throughput processes
- Write and maintain both internal and user documentation
- Write unit and integration tests
- Help maintain and enhance cloud (AWS) infrastructure
- Self-motivated and curious with strong desire to both learn from and teach others
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- BS, MS, or equivalent in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field plus 3 yrs (BS) or 1 yr (MS) experience working in the pharmaceutical or biotech domain
- Demonstrated Proficiency in SQL
- Demonstrated understanding of data management best practices and biological data
- Proficiency in Python and/or Java a plus
- Experience with AWS a plus
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.