Company: Generate Biomedicines
Sr. Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Protein Science
Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Generate Biomedicines is looking for an individual to be a part of a growing protein sciences group that focuses on production and characterization of a range of different protein formats in mammalian systems. He/she will be expected to help lead efforts around developing state-of-the-art high-throughput methods for characterization and developability workflow of biologics. He/she will participate in experimental design, conduct experiments, optimize throughput, maintain detailed records, and generate standard operating procedures. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, start-up environment.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Protein production in mammalian systems for a diverse set of modalities
- Protein quality control methodologies to assess percent aggregation, purity, non-specific binding, etc.
- Development of a state-of-the art high-throughput modality-agnostic analytical platform allowing for in-depth characterization for study of biophysical and physicochemical properties of proteins
- Designing variable analytical characterization schemes/strategies that are appropriate for the stage and biology of each program
- Data presentation within cross-functional setting
- Documentation in to ELNs and writing SOPs
- Deep expertise with:
- SPR based techniques (eg: biacore, octet)
- HP/UPLC based methodologies (eg: IEX, SEC, HIC)
- DLS, MALS
- Thermostability assessment techniques
- Forced degradation/stress studies
- Glycan profiling by different methods including MS
- Formulation Development
- Deep understanding of:
- Transient HEK and CHO cell transfection techniques
- Protein purification skills
- Excellent attention to detail, documentation, and communication skills
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.