FL60 is one of the latest companies founded through Flagship Pioneering’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics, Rubius Therapeutics, and Evelo Therapeutics were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents. FL60 is integrating the latest developments in experimental biology to discover novel therapeutic strategies for a broad range of CNS disorders.
We are seeking a curious and collaborative scientist to join our discovery biology team. You will be part of a growing team of scientists that conceive, conduct, and analyze experiments to evaluate new pathways using human cellular models to discover new targets in a broad range of CNS disorders. The successful candidate will have a strong molecular biology background with experience in cell line engineering with state-of-the-art genome editing technologies such as CRISPR/CAS9 to make knock-out and knock-in hPSC models.
This role requires a results-driven attitude with a sharp focus on quantifiable outcomes and attention to detail that will drive relentless innovation and optimization. The candidate must be highly collaborative, self-motivated, team-oriented, and have excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills.
- Provide expert input in design and generation of cellular models to probe disease biology using CRISPR-based approaches.
- Routinely perform culture, editing, manipulation, and differentiation of hPSCs.
- Perform molecular biology work such as DNA and RNA extraction, PCR/qPCR, cloning, transfection procedures, and immunoassays (e.g. flow cytometry, ELISA, Western blotting).
- Establish cellular, biochemical, and bioanalytical assays for screening and target validation using hPSC-derived cellular models.
- Invest in developing scientific staff.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate scientific data.
- MS or PhD degree, or equivalent, in neuroscience, cell biology, molecular biology or related fields, with at least 3 years of industry or academic research experience.
- 2+ years of experience in working with human iPS / ES cells is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with functional genomics techniques such as CRISPR and TALEN to generate stable cell lines.
- Experience in knock-in donor and gRNA molecular design and cloning.
- Experience with lentivirus generation and transduction
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced environment that requires a high level of communication, collaboration, and organization.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.