Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first redosable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna, Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics, Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences, and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring is seeking a Development Engineer to join the Bioprocessing team to help establish and develop the production process for our viral platform. The candidate will develop and optimize upstream and/or downstream unit operations. The candidate will work directly with a team of scientists to characterize the novel viral platform. The candidate will be involved in experimental design, hands-on manipulation of viruses, and analysis of a variety of generated data sets. The candidate will interface with equipment companies, research institutes/universities, and contract manufacturing organizations as required to accelerate the development effort. This will be a great opportunity to be exposed to aspects of viral biology as well as process development in a translational context. We are searching for enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the cell therapy production platform.
- Lead process development activities to optimize processes for the production of viruses, proteins, viral vectors
- Design and execute key experiments to support development goals using Quality-by-Design (QbD) principles
- Develop, scale-up, and tech transfer processes with full documentation
- Develop, acquire, and implement new technologies to Ring Process Development platform
- Assist in the generation and review of protocols, reports, and batch records
- Provide technical oversight on upstream and/or downstream related activities
- Prepare and present data internally to cross functional teams
- Maintain substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories and contribute to scientific literature and conferences.
- Hire, manage and mentor staff. Plan and assign duties to meet departmental and organizational objectives. Provide guidance and direction to staff; establishes expectations, defining roles, supporting career development and managing performance.
- Work with vendors to evaluate new technology in upstream/downstream process development
- Performs additional job-related duties as required.
- PhD (1-3 years relevant experience) or BS/MS (7-10 years relevant experience) in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biology, virology, biochemistry or related field.
- Experience in the development of a biologic or cell therapeutic from bench to product approval
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment.
- Strong experimental skills, including cell culture, viral vectors, chromatography, data analysis.
- Experience with process development and Quality by Design methodology.
- Extensive knowledge of key unit operation based on experience: Media and buffer preparation, Bioreactor systems, Column Chromatography, Centrifugation and Filtration
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.