Senda Biosciences, Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company built out of Flagship Labs, the company creation unit of Flagship Pioneering. Senda is pioneering an innovative therapeutic delivery platform for precise, robust, versatile drug targeting, through both oral and systemic routes of administration, for a wide range of indications. We are seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Formulations Scientist to join us in developing a transformative delivery platform for precision targeting of therapeutics. As a member of this early team of scientists, you can expect to engage deeply in interdisciplinary research. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health. We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits.
Senda Biosciences is pioneering an innovative therapeutic delivery platform for precise, robust, versatile drug targeting for a wide range of indications. We are seeking to hire a (Senior) Research Associate, Formulations to join our team. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a passion for pursuing innovative science aimed at bringing novel medicines to patients. Successful candidates should be highly organized, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and capable of working closely with an interdisciplinary team. Associates will closely collaborate with staff scientists. We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits.
Key responsibilities include:
- Generate diverse lipid nanoparticle formulations
- Characterize and functionally test lipid nanoparticle formulations using chemical & cell-based assays
- Independently troubleshoot, solve - problems, and propose solutions related to experiment design and execution
- Maintain detailed and organized records of multiple simultaneous projects
- Assist with lab management tasks, including ordering and general organization
- Ability to learn and adapt new techniques, and multi-task
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work with a diverse interdisciplinary team
- Ability to rapidly analyze experimental data and present conclusions
- Experience with extraction/purification methods for biological molecules (e.g. lipids, nucleic acids, proteins)
- Experience with colorimetric and fluorescence-based molecular biology techniques (e.g. qPCR, Western blot, ELISA)
- Experience with physicochemical nanoparticle characterization (e.g. particle concentration, size, zeta potential)
- Experience with reporter cell lines and detection assays (e.g. Luciferase, Cre/Lox, eGFP)
- BS or MS in molecular biology, pharmaceutical sciences, biochemistry, biological/chemical engineering or a related discipline
- 3+ years professional laboratory experience, experience working in industry is a plus
- Enthusiasm for science and willingness to adapt to the changing needs of a fast-paced research and development effort
- ‘No task too small’ attitude and top-notch work ethic
- A strong self-starter, results-oriented with a strong attention to detail
- Experience with bioinformatics is a plus
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.